As some of you may know, Politifact has an amazing Obameter that tracks his campaign promises and how he lives up to them. Recently, they posted a look at his Top Ten.
Of the 10 promises, 1 has been fully kept, 1 has been kept via compromise, 5 are in the works and 3 have had no action taken on them.
- Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners: Promise Kept.
- Create a tax credit of $500 for workers: Compromise.
- Repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes: In The Works.
- Begin removing combat brigades from Iraq: In The Works.
- Close the Guantanamo Bay Detention Center: In The Works.
- Create cap and trade system with interim goals to reduce global warming: In The Works.
- Create 5 million “green” jobs: In The Works.
- Create a National Health Insurance Exchange: No Action.
- Create new financial regulations: No Action.
- Reduce oil consumption by 35 percent by 2030: No Action.
A surprising range of the important directives are already “In the works” which must be considered thoroughly impressive. At his two month mark, I don’t think anyone can accuse him for standing idly by.